On July 16th, the province entered Step #3 which means that some protocols have been lifted or modified. Here are the current protocols.
To keep our customers and staff safe, our expectations are as follows:
- Stay at home if you are showing any Covid-19 or flu symptoms. If you are unsure please used the Government on Ontario's screening tool.
- Practice physical distancing by staying a minimum of 6 feet away from people not in your household.
- Please pre-pay for your rounds online before arriving at the facility (or by using your account if you have one).
- Bring personal hand sanitizer with you if possible and use our 5 hand washing stations while at the course.
- Use proper coughing/sneezing etiquette by using your inner elbow.
- Only two people in a bathroom at a time.
- No gathering in the parking lot. Even if you are maintaining 6 feet of physical distancing, gatherings are not permitted in the parking lot.
- Leave the facility right after your round or after visiting the patio.
Thank you for doing your part to stop the spread and keeping us all safe
COVID -19 CUSTOMER PROCESSES & INFORMATION
Metcalfe Golf Customer Mask Policy: (updated July 16th, 2021)
Masks are optional in all outdoor common areas. Mask's are required when using the indoor bathrooms or until seated on the patio.
- Tee times will have increased spacing compared with Pre-Covid golf.
- We strongly encourage all players to book and pay online. This will be the safest, fastest, and best practice for both our staff and customers.
- Online bookings may be made 7 days in advance.
- Public phone bookings may also be paid for in advance.
- Public players who do not pre-pay will be required to provide a credit card number to gurantee the booking and pay a higher rate when they arrive at the course.
- All bookings must be made in advance, there will be no access to the course without a tee time.
- To ensure equal spacing and physical distancing we strongly recommend that golfer’s book as foursomes.
- Please note when booking as a twosome or threesome, there is a good chance you will be paired up with another group or individual. Please use phyical distancing. If you wish to play by yourself, you will be required to pay for all unused slots.
- Upon arrival, customers should proceed to the welcome cabin, please stay a minimum of 6 feet from our staff and other customers and respect the markings that will be on the ground.
- If you are prepaid or have an account, you will be checked in and directed to the designated waiting area which are the practice greens for each course. While waiting to golf, please stay 6 feet from those not from your household.
- Scorecards will be available with our starter on the 1st tee.
- Please respect the markings on the ground and stand 6 feet from any customers waiting in line.
Bathrooms at The Club House
- Two customers in each bathroom at a time. While waiting for the washrooms please stay a minimum of 6 feet from our staff and other customers and respect the markings on the ground.
- Masks are required when using the indoor bathrooms.
- In addition to regular protocols, staff will perform additional cleaning and disinfecting of bathrooms.
Bathrooms on the Course
- We will have a portable bathrooms & foot pedal hand washing stations. The accessible after holes 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 & 15 on the 18-hole course and after 3 & 6 on the 9-hole course. Our porta potties are also equipped with hand sanitizer.
- All golf carts will be staged in the parking lot, sanitized and with keys in them.
- Customers to load and unload their own bags.
- After the round, please return your cart to the cart return area (follow the signs)
The Ontario Government allows people not from the same household to ride together in a cart without a mask.
Golfers who wish to take the extra precaution (for health reasons) and wish to ride alone will have the option to pay an additional $6.00 to ride alone (to cover the increased costs). Please note this policy may be altered soon.
Note: if you are the only rider in the group or in a threesome who is all riding, one golfer will be allowed to ride solo without any extra fee.
Food & Beverage/Club House/Patio
Here is how the process will work:
- Guests will be asked to check themselves in by scanning a QR code with their camera app, or having our staff recorded your contact information.
- A staff member with a mask will be located just inside the door behind a plexiglass shield and will take your order, or you may choose table service
- Masks must be worn until unless you are seated at your table with Food or Beverage in front of you.
- All tables are space by a minimum of 6 feet.
- The maximum table size is 25 guests.
- Our staff will sanitize each table & chairs after guests leave
Additional F&B Services
- On-course delivery & beverage carts are available.
- Non-alcoholic drinks are available at the check in Cabin.
- Customers will also be able to order takeout meals from Hickories, before or after their round.
- Orders may be made and paid for using our mobile Food and Beverage Website (linked to the www.metcalfegolf.com home page) or by calling Hickories 613-821-4564 with your credit card number or acccount.